Comment on page
Accepting Pinged Referrals
This article will show you how to complete conflict checks for clients in your Maryland Justice Passport organization account.
Service providers refer litigants to our partners by choosing listings to put in the litigant’s “referrals” page. When your pinged listing is added to a litigant’s Passport, your point(s) of contact receive an email. The next steps depend on the preferences you set up in your organization’s listings.
When pinging is turned on, your point(s) of contact will get emailed about new clients and get access to each new Passport. However, their access is limited when conflict check is required for their legal issue. They will only have enough information from the Passport to either accept or reject a case. If a case is accepted, staff will have full access to the litigant's Passport.
- 1.On the My Conflict Checks page, click into the Passport that you need to perform a conflict check on. This will take you to a limited view of the litigant's passport, revealing the Conflict Check status, Litigant's Information, and Opposing Party Information.
- 2.Using your organization's conflict check tool, enter in the Litigant's Information and Opposing Party Information to determine if a conflict exists.
- 3.Once you have the result of the conflict check, click the "Edit" button.
- 4.Select the dropdown menu under the Conflict Check section, this will display two options: "No conflict exists - accept case" and "Conflict exists - reject case."
- 5.Click the option that applies to the litigant.
- 6.Select the "Save" button.
When pinging is turned on, your point(s) of contact will get email about new clients and get access to each new Passport. However, the view will not be limited since there is no conflict check requirement for the legal issue selected. You and your staff will be able to access the litigant's Passport details and determine if your organization can help or if another referral is needed to get them help.
Pinged referrals can be found on the Passports page. This will show all the Passports that have been referred to your organization.
On the "Passport Referrals" page, select the Passport that you would like to view. This will take you to a detailed view of the Passport where you can see the Litigant's Info, Case Info, Referrals, Files, Notes, Tasks, Events, and Share.